Ha ha! Someone gave me this yesterday — a total stranger, no less — and I’m feeling quite touched. Versatile is a funny sort of adjective, bringing to mind kitchen implements or gymnasts (of which I am neither), but I believe it is positive, so I am taking it as a compliment.
There are rules to accepting this incredibly prestigious award (which is totally going on my resume asap, by the way. I’m sure it’s very respected in the accounting field.)
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
So first of all, thank you very much to Sandra over at She Can’t Be Serious. Clearly, she is a woman of impeccable taste. It is a rare talent that can recognize my versatility. (I slice! I dice! It’s incredible, I tell you!) Seriously though, she has a well-written and honest blog over there and she is well worth a read.
As for seven things about myself, well gosh. If you’ve been with me for a while, you probably know a thing or two already. But here are some things that maybe you don’t already know:
- I prefer artificial cinnamon flavour to actual cinnamon. Ditto mango.
- I am a vegetarian, but if you and I get stuck on a deserted island and I am starving and there aren’t any coconuts, I will hunt you and I will eat you. Sorry.
- My favourite colour is red. Cherry, not poppy.
- I cheat at solitaire. I don’t feel remotely guilty about it.
- I am obsessed with a contest that is currently being put on by Maynards candy. The prize is that you get your face on a Maynards candy. (They make gummy candies like wine gums and fuzzy peaches and Swedish fish.) When I first saw the ads for this contest, I thought it was dumb, but I have since done a 180 on this one and now believe that winning it would be a life highlight. If I win, I’m going to shellac that fuzzy peach and I’m going to frame it and I’m going to put it somewhere prominent and brag about it to everyone who comes over. And boy, will they be impressed.
- Of all the horrible diseases out there, I seem to get most terrified by the idea of contracting appendicitis. I have no explanation for this.
- I can put my hands on my hips and then touch my elbows together in front of me. It’s kind of gross, actually.
And now, without further ado, here are the 15 blogs that I will now present with the Versatile blogger award:
- Domestiphobia.net – This girl just tickles my funny bone.
- Woman in Thrisis – Extremely earnest, sometimes funny, sometimes touching, always an interesting read.
- You As A Machine – Very informative and inspiring fitness blog. She has a plan to get fit in four minutes a day. I haven’t tested it yet, but I love the concept. (And if that picture is of her actual abs, then she might be on to something.)
- Cocktails at Tiffany’s – Reading this blog reminds me of eavesdropping on the bus.
- Spinny Liberal – I read this one to help keep up on American politics and because I find her comfortably leftish without being too preachy about it. I also really enjoy her quotations on Tuesdays.
- Bridget Jones Has Nothing on Me – Another one that makes me laugh.
- The Polka-Dot Maven – A show and tell blog with pretty pictures and cool stuff.
Ok, you know what? Those are the blogs I read with regularity. The other ones I like a lot are on my blogroll, but are all really big and unlikely to even notice if I share this honour. So it’s going to be seven. Do check them out though. They’re all really fun blogs.
15 thoughts on “Tickled Pink”
Hahaha! I was just about to let you know that I had nominated you! That is so funny! So you don’t have to jump through all the hoop either, but thank you for the nod!! That is what means the most.
As I was brushing my teeth this morning I was thinking… this is a total chain letter thing! Shock and Awe!! There is not ACTUAL WINNER… only nominees, hence the name of mine… An Honor Just Being Nominated 😉
But nonetheless a nice idea. It gives other audiences the chance to “discover” your blog and the blogs that you enjoy. It lends more exposure to all of us and offers the opportunity to find new “diamonds in the rough”… so chain letter or prestigious award … It’s still fun!
No, everyone’s a winner!
Very cool! Thanks for the nomination. I like your post, you’re very funny!
I too thought about the chain letter concept, but accept it as a great way to meet other bloggers and sites that I may never have come across.
And yes, they are my very own abs! 🙂
Seriously, good on you. I mean it. No one comes by those easily so I’d say you’ve earned them.
I agree that the “prize” is a good way to shout out to cool blogs. There are so many out there, it’s hard to know where to start.
And thanks for thinking I’m funny. I like to think I’m funny, but I figure I’m probably biased.
Thanks again for the kind gesture. I have compiled my post here: http://youasamachine.com/blog/
Woohoo! I think I’ve one like one blog award ever, so to get 2 in the same day (we’ll forget it’s the same one) is just awesome. Thank you for the honor! (Thought I can’t guarantee I’ll post about it and pay it forward because I’m kind of terrible at that stuff — luckily, my blog name allows me to be lackadaisical about these kinds of things.) 🙂
You’re very welcome. I’ve been loving your blog since I found it. And the nature of these things is such that if someone doesn’t do the pass forward, it carries on anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much if you can’t be bothered.
Just so your readers know…I may have been a.stranger, but I went through many blogs before I made my selection. Way more than I intended to, haha. So only my searching was random, but my selections were, as you put it, in “impeccable taste”. I look forward to continue reading your blog…Congrats!
Oh, aren’t you lovely. Thank you for the compliment!
The Versatile Blogger Award — I’ve nominated you!
Woo-hoo! Thanks! My goodness, this week has given me quite the inflated ego.
Thank you so much for the nomination, myone! So sweet.
I enjoy your blog. And I love the story behind your moniker. The fancy spelling (e.g., neighbour) because you’re Canadian always makes me smile. *shh* 😀
Oh and appendicitis SUCKS. My appendix is gone, and I don’t miss it for causing me so much pain. It’s interesting, though, that you are scared of contracting that the most. For me, it’s Ebola. 😯
Well-deserved my dear.
And oh, you say such lovely things. I like that you think my spelling is fancy. I actually switch to American spelling half the time because bloody wordpress keeps underlining all my words in red and I find it bothersome.
I think appendicitis is more common than ebola, and that’s why I’m more afraid of it. Also, the symptom for it is random abdominal pain, which is a vague enough symptom to convince one that she has appendicitis all the time.
Oh, I just read up on ebola. It does look pretty awful.
Pingback: My First Blog Award! « You As A Machine