Ha ha! Someone gave me this yesterday — a total stranger, no less — and I’m feeling quite touched. Versatile is a funny sort of adjective, bringing to mind kitchen implements or gymnasts (of which I am neither), but I believe it is positive, so I am taking it as a compliment.
There are rules to accepting this incredibly prestigious award (which is totally going on my resume asap, by the way. I’m sure it’s very respected in the accounting field.)
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
So first of all, thank you very much to Sandra over at She Can’t Be Serious. Clearly, she is a woman of impeccable taste. It is a rare talent that can recognize my versatility. (I slice! I dice! It’s incredible, I tell you!) Seriously though, she has a well-written and honest blog over there and she is well worth a read.
As for seven things about myself, well gosh. If you’ve been with me for a while, you probably know a thing or two already. But here are some things that maybe you don’t already know:
- I prefer artificial cinnamon flavour to actual cinnamon. Ditto mango.
- I am a vegetarian, but if you and I get stuck on a deserted island and I am starving and there aren’t any coconuts, I will hunt you and I will eat you. Sorry.
- My favourite colour is red. Cherry, not poppy.
- I cheat at solitaire. I don’t feel remotely guilty about it.
- I am obsessed with a contest that is currently being put on by Maynards candy. The prize is that you get your face on a Maynards candy. (They make gummy candies like wine gums and fuzzy peaches and Swedish fish.) When I first saw the ads for this contest, I thought it was dumb, but I have since done a 180 on this one and now believe that winning it would be a life highlight. If I win, I’m going to shellac that fuzzy peach and I’m going to frame it and I’m going to put it somewhere prominent and brag about it to everyone who comes over. And boy, will they be impressed.
- Of all the horrible diseases out there, I seem to get most terrified by the idea of contracting appendicitis. I have no explanation for this.
- I can put my hands on my hips and then touch my elbows together in front of me. It’s kind of gross, actually.
And now, without further ado, here are the 15 blogs that I will now present with the Versatile blogger award:
- Domestiphobia.net – This girl just tickles my funny bone.
- Woman in Thrisis – Extremely earnest, sometimes funny, sometimes touching, always an interesting read.
- You As A Machine – Very informative and inspiring fitness blog. She has a plan to get fit in four minutes a day. I haven’t tested it yet, but I love the concept. (And if that picture is of her actual abs, then she might be on to something.)
- Cocktails at Tiffany’s – Reading this blog reminds me of eavesdropping on the bus.
- Spinny Liberal – I read this one to help keep up on American politics and because I find her comfortably leftish without being too preachy about it. I also really enjoy her quotations on Tuesdays.
- Bridget Jones Has Nothing on Me – Another one that makes me laugh.
- The Polka-Dot Maven – A show and tell blog with pretty pictures and cool stuff.
Ok, you know what? Those are the blogs I read with regularity. The other ones I like a lot are on my blogroll, but are all really big and unlikely to even notice if I share this honour. So it’s going to be seven. Do check them out though. They’re all really fun blogs.